Back to the list
Premier Tech Is Rapidly Growing – Major Investments in Rivière-du-Loup for the Year 2017
Premier Tech starts the new year with enthusiasm and optimism and continues its good habits by going forward and pursuing development for its Rivière-du-Loup installations. In 2017, more than 15 million dollars will be invested in its Campus located on rue Témiscouata, which will undergo major growth.
In order to get ready for the installation of new plants in the coming years, the company will initiate expansion work evaluated at more than three million dollars. As of spring, two streets will be added to the road network of the Premier Tech Campus, and a new avenue will be built for industrial traffic, between the bypass and the avenue Premier. Furthermore, the construction of a three-story office building will begin in February. This building will fulfill the needs in terms of space, not only to accommodate the new resources that joined the company during the year, but also for the coming hires that will support Premier Tech’s growth. Adding over 60 000 square feet of space that will serve for offices, this project represents a 12-million-dollar investment.
“With the accelerated growth that we are experiencing, we are now very cramped in our facilities. We also want to give ourselves the necessary space to initiate our next big projects,” says Jean Bélanger, President and Chief Operating Officer. “We are quite optimistic for the future, especially in what concerns Rivière-du-Loup. We carry out several acquisitions abroad, but these new assets, far from moving us away from our center of activity, have the opposite effect, as they generate growth on our Campus and for the rest of the province.”
In that sense, 2016 has been another year of expansion for this Quebec player that shines internationally and is renowned for its innovative products and state-of-the-art technologies in horticulture, agriculture, industrial packaging equipment and environment. Besides, the company has invested close to seven million dollars, which allowed to enhance the productivity and the competitiveness of Louperivois plants. “We are proud of having been able to maintain our momentum, despite the challenges inherent to our fast-moving markets. More than ever, we are confident about our future, a future that builds on our long-term vision,” emphasizes Mr. Bélanger.
A little higher, always closer
During the course of the year that has just come to an end, 108 new jobs have been created in Rivière-du-Loup, on the 160 that were added around the globe. Eighty job openings are currently being posted on the world headquarters’ bulletin board, of which 64 are for newly created positions. “We could go so much faster if we were able to hire new team members at the pace at which we need them,” adds Mr. Bélanger.
Despite being located in a rural area, the Leadership Team would never move the Premier Tech World Headquarters. Such an idea is not part of the company’s thinking. “More than the world headquarters, it is the company’s soul that is found here. When our clients or suppliers come to the Campus, they are amazed by our corporate Culture, which is founded on the passion for our core industries, on creativity and on autonomy. Our geographic position is certainly a contributing factor to this unique dynamic,” says Mr. Bélanger.
This attachment to Rivière-du-Loup has become more apparent in the past few years. As a matter of fact, Premier Tech has announced in 2016 two major partnerships: one with the new indoor soccer stadium, the other with Jeux du Québec de 2021. “Every year, we inject close to half a million dollars in our communities. This has always been part of our company’s commitments. If we want to keep our youth and attract talented people, we need to offer them a dynamic environment and quality infrastructures,” concludes Jean Bélanger.
Here are some interesting facts about the company:
- Premier Tech will celebrate its 94th anniversary in 2017. The company was founded in New York City, but established itself in Rivière-du-Loup in 1933, where its World Headquarters were set in 1978.
- Of the 3 500 team members who work for this multinational, 1 050 are based at the Louperivois world headquarters. The total payroll represents 45 million dollars for the Rivière-du-Loup RCM alone.
- The company is present in 24 countries, including Thailand, Ivory Coast and Lithuania.
- The Premier Tech Campus comprises 12 kilometers (7.5 miles) of roads and about 15 buildings (plants, laboratories, test facilities, offices). It even has its own university, which offers tens of thousands of class hours to team members every year.
- The company aims presently at filling 80 positions in Rivière-du-Loup, in a vast and varied array of fields including: information technologies, welding, engineering, CNC machining, and marketing, as well as many other positions in its six local plants.